10 Jan 2021
· ½ kg peeled and mashed potatoes
· 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
· 1 long red chilli
· 2 tbsp butter
· 4 x 150g beef steaks, trimmed
· 1 cup salt-reduced beef stock
· Salt/pepper according to taste
1. Steam the potatoes in a steamer 12-15 minutes until tender.
2. Drain water from the saucepan and dry it out. Put potatoes to pan and mash them gently for 30 seconds on low flame. Add butter, chilli, pepper and salt and mix it well.
3. On the other side season, the steaks with black pepper and salt.
4. Heat the pan, cook steaks for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
5. Return the pan to medium-high heat, add the mustard and stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the liquid has reduced to the half.
6. Serve the beef and mash potatoes with the mustard sauce.
Calories 420, Total Carbohydrate 45g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 2g, Protein 28 g